The story compelled us to make a film. The film compels us to build a foundation.
SCREEN THE FILM AT YOUR SCHOOL
"Our school hosts eight to ten guest speakers each year, and our seniors -- who have now seen 30-35 presenters --celebrated this program as the most powerful, engaging, and transformative. Of all of the programs I have worked to envision and realize in my career, this ranks among the most memorable and meaningful." — Chris Gunnin, Head of Upper School, Trinity Valley School
Bring Rising from Ashes to your classroom or campus and use the film to explore a range of topics - from Rwandan history and conflict resolution to cultural differences and interpersonal relationships. Above all, you can discuss the power of unity behind a common vision. The lessons we learn with Team Rwanda are lessons we can learn everywhere - especially in our own backyards, playgrounds, and communities. Join us as we continue to learn with and through Team Rwanda.
- Screen the Film to your student body
- Create breakout discussions with our In Class Discussion Guide
- Bring the Filmmakers and Team Rwanda cyclists to campus for our interactive "Team is Team" presentation
- Over 5000 students impacted and counting
- UNESCO Global Youth Forum - student representatives from 150 countries
- Yale College and Brown University
- Global Connections High School in Seattle, WA - representing the most diverse zip code in the United States
- And the many other leading schools and universities we have had the privilege to visit
"A remarkable documentary. 'Rising from Ashes' is not just about a cycling team; it's a testament to what happens when human beings care for one another."
— Village Voice
"'Ashes' is joyous and uplifting, full of spirit, memorable athletes (including Olympian Adrien Niyonshuti) and remarkable achievements, both big and small."
— New York Daily News